The history of TirŽlat I find quite interesting.  I find all of the
languages of that world to be fascinating.  I especially like the name
"Jarda" for a language.  I will admit that I have some fondness for Chispa
(though I may not be spelling that right).  I do hope there are some fuzzy
creatures around that still speak it.  I wish there were a novel in English
about this world so that I could keep straight all of the different
inhabitants thereof.  I have the impression that Mice People, Faeries, and
Dragons all live thereabouts together in quite a fantastical land.

But, getting back to TirŽlat, its development reminds me a little of some
of the history of my language.  About the time of 2001 or 2002 or so,
Khlžjha had no passive voice at all, and I was quite happy with that.
 However, the language just started developing one out of the nuts and
bolts that already existed in the language.  The word "xhnŪpe" which was
intended to mark the progressive aspect was taking upon itself some of the
duties of the passive voice.  In the end, where before the language only
had a single voice, in a year or so it ended up with five different ones.
 The result of this unplanned multiplication of voices is that there are
many irregularities and complications which I would never have planned, but
which I would never now remove from the language.  It can be sometimes
annoying when a causative construction and a passive construction  collide,
and deponent verbs are sometimes more trouble than they seem worth.  But in
the end it gives the language its own flavor.

Now I'm feeling a little nostalgic for Chispa though ...