David-- I'm well aware that winter is already well underway usually by T-day time here. And the Karun lives in the southern hemisphere of Cindu, so his seasons are all turned around, and their winter is about as severe as it would be in Florida or Sydney Aust., (which is at about the same latitude and similar sea-side location as his city.) The Mid-Winter festival mainly involves the Gwr up there in the frozen north, where their "winter" probably lasts something like 9months (cf. northern Canada). But any excuse for a celebration, and anyway Mu-Pang is their version of our Christmas, when their mythical Sang-Da gets in his little snow-cart pulled by tiny leng-dr, and he goes around distributing gifts to good little boys and girls. Whether he goes down the chimneys is something I haven't figured out yet. Probably not, since in Winter, the fireplaces/stoves with which they heat their house are going full-time, and he could suffer some severe burns.....but
 as a mythical figure, maybe he's immume to all that. (Cf. my recent translation of the Lu-doq (Rudolph) song  )

And I loved Puey's ruminations on the subject !!!