Hey Roger,
 That's a valid question, not nit-picking.

 Please remember that I made Taazhpuur when I was a teenager- 12'th grade- 1'st year of college, so there's a certain amount of naivete .

 I did not intend the etymological source for the words to be important, I wasn't thinking  that, in my novel,  the language evolved when Goths, Mongols etc came together and formed a tribe on the Gulf Coast.

 I was an Anthropology major, hence exposed to a variety of terms from different languages. The Native American words primarily came from Nahuatl.  I was interested  in learning Gothic.  I thought by adding words from exotic languages like Inuit and Mongol, and others, and by creating words of my own, that it would make for a distinctive language.  I recall thinking of ways to make types of words, like adjectives or adverbs have their own ending, so as to give it an internal logic.

I realize Taahpuur  may not be  as polished as other conlangs, but  it functions.
cheers,
Gregory