On 14 February 2014 17:57, Adam Walker <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Hmm... I used to be able to give greetings in about 70 languages...back
> when I worked with speakers of that many languages on a daily basis.

That's impressive. The most obscure piece of linguistic knowledge I used to
know was how to say "Where is the toilet" in Swahili, but I've long since
forgotten. Born in Zambia, I would love the chance to learn to speak Bemba,
the most widespread native lingua franca, but sadly materials are thin on
the ground. Perhaps one day I'll learn Swahili, for which materials aren't
so difficult to come by.

Jeff