This sounds like a really interesting project! Sorry, I should probably
introduce myself. I've been a quiet observer since I joined recently. I
haven't created a language yet but I find ConLangs absolutely fascinating
and hope to find the time to start my own ConLang soon. In real life I am a
lecturer in linguistics.

Just a quick note about your proposed question as to how the language
"feels". It may be more appropriate to ask your participants how close your
ConLang sounds to the ones you listed. How something "feels" may be
perceived as too unspecified (though this may of course depend on your
actual research question, I may have misunderstood this, apologies if I
did). I remember reading an interesting article about the perceived
"closeness" or similarity of NatLangs. If you're interested I can find the
paper for you when I'm back on my work computer.

Best wishes, Bettina

On Saturday, 8 February 2014, Thomas Ruhm <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> And you will ask us too what it feels like? How did you manage to apply
Kartiavelian sounds to a Romance language? Are there old loans, you used? I
find it a good idea to ask like what languages it feels, because that makes
it easier to learn the accent, when he is told which language it should
sound similar to.