I do this too, although I'm not very consistent in making entries. When I
write about something that I think I'm likely to forget a lexeme, since I
won't use it again for a year, I'll write a smooth english translation in
one of the scripts I've made for writting english, that way it still stays
private, since it would be a stroke of luck for someone to be able to read
either entry.

I really wish I had put smooth english for every entry. It took me a long
time to realize that [istataRo] meant "it's Easter-time". I kept trying to
look up *iista* in a dictionary before I realized the date.

I think it's a good way to make frequent and diverse use of a language. The
only downside is you tend to get only a narrative style.