Conlang List,

Greetings! I know I've been entirely in active on this list for some
time now. My life has taken a busy turn (to put it lightly). I've
obtained a position as a high school art teacher this year, have to
finish my teaching certificate at night school and am hard at work on a
graphic novel I'm publishing as a web-comic as I seek out a publisher
(on http://chadhiyana.com).

That said, I'm still working on my conlangs. In fact, the graphic novel
web-comic is a continuation of the Chadhiyana comic I published a year
and a half ago which included some names (Chadhiyana included) in four
of my invented languages. As it happens, the graphic novel includes some
names in two additional languages and even sentences in the one
language. I'm still toying with names such as Jiwutu or Jumbayawutu or
even Jumba for name of the latter language. It's meant to mirror Bantu
languages, especially Swahili (most of my conlangs "borrow" much of
their structure from existing real world languages to better represent
the cultures I'm also "borrowing" from in my fantasy world). And, of
course, the nice thing about an on-line publication is that I can still
make adjustments to the language as the work is being published--which
is necessary as I'm still fine tuning a lot of my conlangs.

Anyway, you can all check out the language in action on pages 23 - 27 of
the graphic novel, though hopefully you'll read the whole thing as it's
published so far (page 27 is the most recent page; the Prologue of the
book, however, is told through visuals alone--no words).
Jiwutu/Jumbayawutu/Jumba will be spoken at least one other time at the
end of Chapter I (there's still some months to go before I reach
that--I'm only publishing a page a week as the art takes me an average
of 15 hours per page), but at least there's a sample for now (with a
translator built into the story to give you the gist of what's being
said--though he doesn't translate word for word). Again, the graphic
novel can be found on http://chadhiyana.com

One more thing: a big thank you to whoever added me to the FrathWiki
Conlangers Bibliography! I'm very honoured to be included in the list,
especially because I feel my attempts at conlanging are amateurish
compared to the plethora of skilled practitioners on the Conlang List.
Really, thank you much.

That's all for now. Happy Conlanging. And, for the State-side members, I
hope you're all keeping warm during this insane weather.

--
All the Best,
J. M. DeSantis

Official Website: jmdesantis.com <http://www.jmdesantis.com>