On 2/13/2014 9:36 AM, Jeffrey Daniel Rollin-Jones wrote:

> To go off on a tangent slightly, shouldn't "Do, or do not. There is
> no 'try'" have been "Do or do not. No 'try' there is."?
>
> Jeff

The writers weren't always consistent with Yoda's syntax. "Help them you
could, but you would destroy all for which they have fought and suffered".

Personally I rationalize that as Yoda's way of underscoring the
importance of what he has to say. He consciously adopts human speech
patterns to contrast with his native word order. But it could be that
the writers just slipped up.

Or maybe they tried the correct word order and it just sounded funny or
confusing to them. "Help them you could, but destroy all you would, for
which fought and suffered they have."

Herman