I've been watching the Winter Olympics and I can't help thinking of them as the Ubykh Games, considering that the area immediately surrounding Sochi, Russia is the ancestral homeland of the Ubykhs (before their exile to Turkey in 1864), whose now-extinct language was, of course notorious for having 83 consonant phonemes (including 20 distinct uvular consonants!) and only two vowel phonemes, and was a major inspiration for the original version of Ithkuil.

I wonder what Tevfik Esenç (the last speaker of Ubykh) would think of the young athletes of the world skiing, skating and bobsledding all over his ancestral lands. . . .

-- John Q.