Hello!

This project sounds fascinating. I'm not a linguist and extremely new to
ConLangs, nor do I have my own artificial language... But I'm trying to
work out ways to fuse languages to make them more capable of expressing
emotions. (http://uniquelang.peiyinglin.net/monologues.html)

From experience I think an important thing is to ask them to speak or
record the sound, or asking them to imitate the sound. Ask them to try to
say, or repeat the ConLang you created. (And definitely record it). I would
also recommend finding some actors to do this too because they are
exceptionally good at catching the feeling of languages. Then perhaps get
some other people to listen to the sounds and have them talk about how they
feel when listening to it. I find during this process of making a language
more abstract (sort of like "blur" the language a bit) makes the essence
more clear. Perhaps this totally non-academic way could help?

Best,
Pei-Ying Lin.
Speculative Designer & Artist
http://peiyinglin.net

On Sat, Feb 8, 2014 at 11:31 PM, Christian Evans <[log in to unmask]