Em 10/02/2014 00:57, "John Q" <[log in to unmask]> escreveu:

> I've been watching the Winter Olympics and I can't help thinking of them
as the Ubykh Games, considering that the area immediately surrounding
Sochi, Russia is the ancestral homeland of the Ubykhs (before their exile
to Turkey in 1864), whose now-extinct language was, of course notorious for
having 83 consonant phonemes (including 20 distinct uvular consonants!) and
only two vowel phonemes, and was a major inspiration for the original
version of Ithkuil.

May Ubykh live in Ithkuil forever!

> I wonder what Tevfik EsenÁ (the last speaker of Ubykh) would think of the
young athletes of the world skiing, skating and bobsledding all over his
ancestral lands. . . .