Some consistent spelling would be nice.

Ah, Aa, or Ae?

C or S or K or Q?

Telescope or Telahskohp? oh is long or short? voiced or ..

But mostly things like..

Th or Dh?

Voiced versus non-voiced.

IE or EI or what ever?

Receeve or Recieve or Receive?

Is it German in Origin, Norse, Anglo-Saxon or Yiddish of origin?

Or maybe just go with how to make it easier for non-speaker and like to be able to learn how to spell it and go from there?

S or C for the s sound?

Caution or Kawshun? or Kahshun? or what?

I do like how a Rabbi c.1920 looked and seen that Hebrew was to become a living language once again, and instead of doing what English and like has done, by adopting words from other languages to include "alien" sounds and like, and structure, instead using forms native to Hebrew (or so I understand) created the bases of modern Hebrew spoken in Israel..  Rabbinical Hebrew did not have words for many things but it had the bases and like..

Telescope - far see, yes? Farsee in English? I know on another Conlang group FolkSpraak they was working on the idea of if Anglo-Saxon-Jute Old English had envolved and not been modified, modified in part due to many Foreigners who had land in England the Kingdom, and then later when the dictionary writers, instead of using native words and like, took French and like ones, since many was still having issues with the moving from French and Latin to English. Last time French was used normally in an English law court was c.1600? Was it to preserve the old adoptions or cause they could not force the whole country to speak French or Latin, after all Latin was the language of the Church and the Church was no longer the Roman one but the Church of England, yes?

King John by his stupidities and losing his lands in France, did England a major favor. But thats a topic of another list, namely English Constitutional Law and like.

Mike