I did an AMA on Reddit last year, and in the middle of it a spontaneous subthread cropped up where redditors who spoke different languages posted the word for “butterfly” in their language. It was awesome. The subthread starts with the third comment thread from the top here:

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1chmc4/

David Peterson
LCS Member Since 2007
www.conlang.org