You are correct: the "aya" rule is redundant.  I place that rule in front
because it denotes an ambiguity in the current romanization system that I
have to watch out for when I transform it into IPA.  The issue is rare but
arises due to the following:
The emotive aspect suffix is "aya," [AiA].
The partitive suffix is "ya" [jA].

Now: nouns almost never end in "a" so the spelling "-aya" is seldom
encountered - but it does exist.
Since all verbs in the present tense end in "a", the emotive aspect "-aya"
is quite common.
This ambiguity is not an issue in Angosey script, where the emotive aspect
is spelled using the first two glyphs on the first line and the partitive
suffix is written using the 12th glyph from left on the first line.
The document I'm referring to is this one:
http://www.unc.edu/~haksaeng/angosey/angosey_script.pdf (same as what I
sent you offlist).
I will write up a nicer one soon.

The difference between "aya" as emotive aspect and "aya" as partitive
suffix is syllabification.  Ay-a versus a-ya.

As we've discussed offlist, the "oddball allophones" do require post-hoc
conhistory justification.  I will discuss some possibilities on list
tonight, if I have a chance.

Rule 30 is indeed a breathy voiced velar stop pronounced as Korean
ssang-kyeok.  And yes, there is an isolated click, and it is not
paralinguistic.  I passed on to you the trial YouTube slides, but I'll post
them here as well:
http://www.unc.edu/~haksaeng/angosey/angosey_alphabet_slides.pdf
The click is always at the beginning of a syllable.  There may be other
regularities in its usage, I will have to check my lexicon.  However, the
click is one of the rarest phones in the language so there's not much to go
on.