>Okay, so suppose after some initial confusion with players trying to
>speak English (why, if the game tells them up front that they can't?)
>and being unable to understand each other's scrambled speech.  Then
>suppose Alice points at a dead orc and says "foo", and it gets
>scrambled so that Bob hears it as "bar".  Bob catches on, or thinks he
>does, and points at another dead orc and says "bar"... which the
>scrambling algorithm turns into "qux".  Alice tries again with another
>newly-coined word and another referent and screams in frustration
>after three or four iterations.

I think, that, instead of scrambling their speak, it should just detect and
disallow the most common languages (well, it's not like people will start
speaking Abaza), and force people to coin new words for stuff. But i guess
that would also be hard, since a person can coin a new word just for the
system to block it because it is already the word for lamb in Hindi.