Well, so far I've found Bretainois ... or Bretaineis ... to be quite
fascinating, though, alas, for reasons of time, I really haven't had a
chance to chime it.  This project almost makes me want to create a
descendant of Latin myself.  Though in my case I'd probably come up with a
scenario where the Roman Empire colonized ancient Mars.  That way, by the
time that John Carter and Doctor Elwin Ransom get there, the
Barsoomian-Malacandrian language that they encounter is actually a distant
daughter of Latin ... actually, legions of Hrossa dressed as centurians
would be rather fun.  And this would explain why the main city state on
Barsoom is named Helium ... and why the cult of Iss seems more than a
little modeled on Isis ... Actually, now that I think about it, we know
that Doctor Ransom's notes about the Malacandrian language were largely
ignored by his "editor" C. S. Lewis, so Martian could have had some sort of
terrestrial lineage in it ...

But then again, Malacandrian looks too much like an uncle to Proto-Eldarin

Nevermind.  I expect a full Bretainois language eventually.  Perhaps the
entire Bible too, translated from the Vulgate.  Maybe Hamlet too.

Hmmm ... I wonder whether Rome ever could have crossed the Impassable
Desert and colonized Oz.  How would "Oz the Great and Powerful" sound in
such a descendant language?