staving R A Brown:

On 27/03/2014 13:58, Pete Bleackley wrote:
> I've been thinking again about how Greek might have
> developed had it survived in Massalia.
[snip]

> Instead, I've had a look a passage of Koine Greek and
> tried to work out some plausible-seeming sound changes.
> What do you think of the following (CXS)?
>
> En arxe en o lojos gE o lojos en pros don TEon gE o lojos
> en TEos. udos en En arxe pros don TEon. bant jenedo Di
> aBtu gE xoris aBtu uDE En jenedo o jonEn. En aBto en zoe
> gE e zoe en do Pos don anTrobon. ge do Pos PEni En de
> kodi gE e kodi u gadElaBen aBto.

My first reaction is that it is implausibly conservative.
If the Greek dialects of Calabria and Puglia are anything to
go by, I would expect something rather different.
==============================
This, of course, is an early stage of the language's evolution. Later, we might get something like

E~ aze e~ o lojo ge o lojo e~ pro do~ TEo~ ge o lojo e~ TEo. udo e~ E~ aze pro do~ TEo~. ba~t jenedo Di aBtu  gE xori aBtu uDE E~ jenedo o jone~. E~ aBto e~ zoj gE e zoj e~ do ho do~ a~Trobo~. ge o ho hani E~ de kodi gE e kodi u gadelaBe~ aBto.

I still don't think we're up to 1000 AD yet.
On 27/03/2014 23:16, Wesley Parish wrote:
> It would be useful to see the surviving Italian Greek
> dialects in comparison to modern Greek and the
> surrounding Italian dialects.

Very wise words IMO.

Indeed. I'd like to know more about these.

--
Pete
The Fantastical Devices of Pete The Mad Scientist - http://fantasticaldevices.blogspot.com