I would add to your list of advantages the fact that it can be read by
blind people as well. I take this opportunity to ask something I've been
wondering about...

I want to create a tactile script, something like Braille but that uses not
only dots but also lines and other shapes in relief. Howeverm, I don't know
how viable is to read each type and combination of shapes in relief.

Are the Braille dots much easier to read than lines and other shapes. Two
or three lines crossing each other would be a problem to read? How
difficult or easy is to distinguish a curved from a sharp corner? Which
difference in the angle of a corner would be enough to characterize two
graphemes as different ones?

Are the Moon and Fishburne scripts easier or harder to read than Braille?

http://www.rnib.org.uk/professionals/accessibleinformation/accessibleformats/alttactileformats/Pages/moon_format.aspx

Até mais!

Leonardo