> But wasn't "prongy" and "sharp" hard to remember at all? That's probably
> because it's your native language. In a foreign language, I can't imagine
> myself remembering the word "sharp" easier than I would remember "knife".

I guess that might depend on the contexts in which I heard or read the two words in the meantime. Certainly I can imagine "cuchillo" being more frequent than "knife" in that context; but perhaps "sharp" wasn't displaced in the same way. Or, maybe I'm misremembering and had to point at the relevant objects, instead.