I'm tentatively working on a " Kash alphabet for the blind", but don't really know anything about how sensitive the finger tips are to various things.

It will be an embossed system, like Braille. But rather than all dots, it will use straight lines, and bent ones too, and some straight lines that will go below the writing line-- are these easily detected?

I don't have any scanned image yet, but here are some rough examples using available keyboard characters.

H [x] will look like 9l, except the "9" will be a dot with straight descender, like the usual handwritten/printed 9. K will be 99. KR will either be 99- or else simply 99 followed by the R char., which will be like 19 (same alteration of the 9).

A will be a large dot written on the line. I will be like 7, E a reversed 9, U  a reversed 7, and O like 6 with straight descender. Y will be a straight upright + 7 (=i) and W will be an upright + reversed 7 (=u).  But W always and Y often are simply requirements of the alphabet e.g in. "u/o__V" and "i/e_V" among others. So one could probably just print the vowel sequences (which don't otherwise occur) ??? Y however is a phoneme in its own right, so it definitely needs its own char.

Some numbers are simple  l  ll   lll  ll-  l- (1,2,3,4,5) -- would it be feasible to have the "hyphen" _cross_  the line(s) in 4,5?  After 5, they get a bit complicated :-(

I'll have to draw these up carefully and get them scanned, then put the image up on my website. Any reactions to my impressionistic descriptions here?