Dear Julie and team

I do not know of evidence to support what I am about to say.

BUT...

In Australia such "McDonalds" statements ("Do you want some fries with that?") would not be well received. They sound hollow, insincere and create suspicion.  Genuine caring, taking parents seriously and performing appropriate management is much more important than such public relations exercises that may or not be backed up by what transpires after the statement is made.

Sincerely

Dr David Krieser FRACP
Paediatric Emergency Physician
Director, Paediatric Education
Sunshine Hospital
176 Furlong Road, St Albans, VIC 3021<x-apple-data-detectors://0/0>
T: 03 8345 1333<tel:03%208345%201333> F: 03 8345 1079<tel:03%208345%201079>