Pediatric Emergency Medicine Faculty

The Department of Emergency Medicine at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai has an opening for one PEM physician to join our energetic division of pediatric emergency medicine. The candidate must be PEM fellowship trained and BE/BC.

The candidate will share clinical time between the pediatric emergency departments at the Mount Sinai Medical Center and the Elmhurst Hospital Center in Queens.

The Mount Sinai Pediatric Emergency Department has an annual patient volume of 30,000. We have a pediatric emergency medicine fellowship program and 8 full time PEM faculty dedicated to the care of children. We are fully integrated within a successful emergency medicine program with a thriving emergency medicine residency-training program.  The pediatric residency training program is the most competitive in New York City with excellent, hard-working pediatric residents. This is an outstanding opportunity to work in a division that is a successful partnership between the departments of pediatrics and emergency medicine.

We have an excellent, highly competitive benefits package, and we are in the beginning phases of renovating our facility. The faculty members in our department have a well-balanced and individualized professional development program that includes clinical supervision and bedside education, off-line education, scholarly works and community service. We are interested in recruiting faculty who wish to develop a multidimensional academic career and we have the support and mentoring to accomplish these goals.  The Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai has a long history of clinical and academic excellence. In addition, there is outstanding departmental and institutional support for research endeavors, with strong ties to other departments for collaboration.

Elmhurst Hospital Center is a member of New York City's HHC (Health and Hospitals Corporation) public hospital system. The Division of Pediatric Emergency Medicine is made up of pediatric emergency and pediatric physicians from the hospital and the community. The pediatric emergency department, a Level 1 trauma center, cares for approximately 60,000 children and adolescents per year, making it one of the busiest pediatric EDs in one of the most diverse regions of New York City.

We offer faculty appointment at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai commensurate with credentials, experience and qualifications.

Please send your CV and letter of interest via email to:

Adam Vella, MD
Chief, Division of Pediatric Emergency Medicine
The Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
1 Gustave Levy Place
New York, N.Y. 10029

The Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai- An EEO/AA Employer M/F/D/V

The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is:
                 http://listserv.brown.edu/ped-em-l.html