Really? you must not have seen Nailscript then.

Iron nails take alot of more energy and resources to produce, and nailing them takes alot more effort

It would be better to use sticks and kindling to burn, but I didn’t want to start a camp-fire in my house.

Its more just meant for considering "what if" a writing system evolved this way. It could be more efficient in some ways, depending on the resources available.

use leather or bark instead of paper, and it requires NO special materials or tools, just sand, your finger, and fire

Dustinger Batailleur <[log in to unmask]>