I’ll add Sumerian to the list of conlangs I want to learn… Whoops!

Sent with Mail Pilot

On 2 May 2014 9:00:03 am, Adam Walker <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Which is what I was thinking after my first, "Oh, yeah, warrior means
arms+weapons" moment. The whole passage is about how strong Gilgamesh is
and how only Enkidu is strong enough to wrestle him and how between the two
of them they just about knock the city flat. I don't believe weapons come
into (this part of) the story at all. But I wanted to be sure, since, even
with the context, the other (arms=weapons) reading is possible. The
Portuguese translation makes me think that this is the wrong translation,
but I'd still like to know what the original Sumerian (or at least the
Akkadian) says here...if anyone happens to know. If not I'll just go with
appendages and proceed with my translation.

On Thu, May 1, 2014 at 5:51 PM, Sylvia Sotomayor <mailto:[log in to unmask]