>Is anyone aware of any notable conlangs or natural languages that involve some other part of the body to the exclusion of the mouth? The obvious one is sign language, but I'm curious if there are any other cases, historically or imaginatively?

I fully support the suggestion of hula. COnlang-wise, gripping language is fascinating. I would suggest that you also look at the non-oral systems of Solresol. There was a furry comic, which did not go beyond a year, in which the lemur-like protagonists communicated via intimate acts. The artist didn't provide any dialogue, expecting the reader to pick it up as the went along. I've been working on a Solresol-like language involving tapping one's nose at different spots.