Hello Jeff,

in "resitentti" an "ranta" the former last vowels could have lead to /i/ or /a/, if there are different vowels that can be added. Sometimes epenthetic vowels are random though.

I had to think a bit. If the borrowings are not from many times, than it is easier to just adjust them a little. If they come in over a long period and from different sources, you would have to consider that old loans are would be more adjusted than young loans.

I was surprised that still initial /w/ can become /gw/.

Lately I thought about that a sound which does already exist as an alophone could be easily accepted in loans, even if they are phonemes.

Yours

Thomas