Hi Toma,

Enabling this kind of work, even if done later by someone else,
is why I often recommend providing lots of useful ids for texts.
  My preferred granularity is words so I sometimes recommend
automatically adding @xml:id to <w> elements, or indeed
automatically add <w> elements around  orthographic words, even
when they are not being used by the current project. This would
allow others to point into the text and comment (or markup)
portions of the text through using these ids.

You are right to point out that checking this kind of thing is a
good application of schematron. (And for those that don't know
you can also define those project specific schematron rules right
in your TEI ODD file.)

-James

Dr James Cummings, [log in to unmask]