Am 06/03/2014 10:33 PM, schrieb Joe Wicentowski:
[log in to unmask]" type="cite">
Dear TEI-L,

A Swiss colleague sent me a link to a project they're considering
using for web-based editing of TEI documents (among other XML
vocabularies), called LIME: Language Independent Markup Editor.  I'm
curious to know if anyone here has worked with it and can share their
experience with it?

  http://lime.cirsfid.unibo.it/
I also considered editing TEI on a web-based editor and played a bit with LIME. Yet, I couldn't get far with it either. It seems to be buggy, unfortunately, and it would be great if they are going to fix it.

Meanwhile, I looked for alternatives and came across these two web-based XML-editor (in WYSIWYM style):

Both offer a limited online demo on their web-site. To me they look quite promising, although, I have to admit that I couldn't evaluate them in depth.

In contrast to the oXygen's move from desktop to web-based editing, these two editors are developed as web-based editors from the beginning, which has some advantages.
They certainly provide way less feature than oXygen, but what they offer look and feel pretty smooth.

Regards
Immanuel

[log in to unmask]" type="cite">

In other developments on this front, I enjoyed George Bina's XML
Prague presentation, "XML Authoring On Mobile Devices," where he
demonstrated "author mode" editing of a DocBook document on an iPad
(description at http://www.xmlprague.cz/sessions2014/#auth, video at
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeanvV8JQGA).  The product is clearly
still under development, but very promising.

Are there other promising developments in web-based TEI editing?  (In
asking this question, I realize there are many possible approaches to
this challenge, from full XML document editing to more WYSIWYG-esque
interfaces; I don't mean to limit the question to any band on the
spectrum.)

Thank you,
Joe