Your joke is on point. I think I was unclear.
There are many who are multilingual. If they grow up in a region where multiple languages are spoken, they will develop some proficiency in all of them. However, often, those languages are close linguistically, just as they are close geographically.
Those on the "polyglot" facebook group are self-identified polyglots. They have an interest in learning languages from different and varied language families. That group of people is not representative of hardly anyone in the world, the majority of whom speak only a single language or only several related languages.