This is close to how I'm doing consonant gradation in Kišta. It has regular
initial stress and the words are divided into feet two or three syllables
long each bearing secondary stress on its initial syllable. Generally a
word will start with bisyllabic feet and in case it has an odd number of
syllables end in a trisyllabic one (the final syllable can never bear
stress) but words with initial trisyllabic feet occur as well. The medial
consonants preceding the foot final vowel are lengthened unless the foot
ends with a closed syllable,

malla ~ malak
"eye" ~ "eye.ACC"

Trisyllabic feet behave the same but here the first foot medial consonants
experience compensatory lengthening if the second foot medial consonants
are left short,

malalli ~ mallalik
"eye pair" ~ "eye pair.ACC"

Frankly, this is closer to Saamic gradation but it works fine in any case.

   -Jyri