For my version of Berbice Dutch, I have been thinking about what the orthography could be like. One possibility would be a more Dutch like spelling, similar to that of the oldest word list. I was able to extrapolate some rules which could have been applied to come to that way of writing, but because the word list is only short, I needed quite a bit of imagionation. Writing etymologically has its charme, but the pronunciation cannot always be known. Maybe I will write etymologically, if it need to be archaic.

> I’ve always wanted to see a creole written “etymologically”, which would be amusing, and also kind of conlang-y. “Me stop along read him one fella savvy book”. (“I’m reading an encyclopedia.”)

Luxembourgish has "awar" from French "au revoir".

The fun about Haitian for me is, that French is so highly regularised and then you have this natural creole.