There were studies in Japan, long ago.

Cited by Esperanto supporters on the old Conlang as very favorable to Eo.

Other Eo supporters had done the research.

Leo

From: International Auxiliary Languages [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Jeffrey Brown
Sent: Tuesday, June 24, 2014 6:40 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: How easy is Esperanto really?

Note #43 refers to a paper citing almost entirely anecdotal evidence, except for one reputed study with American speakers (who already speak a European language).

Note #44 is no longer available for download.

Note #45 relates to a study of French-speaking students learning Esperanto.

The subsequent paragraphs refer to the ease of acquiring a European natlang after having studied Esperanto (a conclusion I do not contend).

Nothing about non-IE speakers learning Esperanto in Wikipedia  :(