From: Pediatric Emergency Medicine Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Muja Baram
Sent: Monday, August 25, 2014 3:23 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: increasing number of first time wheezers

within the last several weeks we've being seeing a good influx of these "first time wheezers." Many of them are so bad, requiring IV magnesium, steroids and admission. The established asthmatics are also presenting with severe exacerbations and our PICU admissions have gone up significantly. lately, I've been swabbing them for viral pcr, and interestingly most of them are + for rhinovirus. Anyone else seeing this uber virulent strain around the country?

For more information, send mail to [log in to unmask] with the message: info PED-EM-L The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is:
                 http://listserv.brown.edu/ped-em-l.html