Pediatric Emergency Medicine Ultrasound Fellowship at Boston Children's Hospital

The Division of Emergency Medicine at Boston Children's Hospital is now accepting applications for our Pediatric Emergency Ultrasound Fellowship program for academic year 2015-2016. Our ultrasound fellowship started in 2011 and we are currently in our fourth year.

Boston Children's Hospital is a free-standing, pediatric, tertiary care center caring for approximately 60,000 emergency department patients per year. We have a large active staff of PEM physicians and 18 PEM fellows. Faculty and fellows are responsible for the supervision and training of residents from the Boston Combined Residency Program in Pediatrics and three Emergency Medicine training programs from Harvard Medical School and Boston University Medical School.

We invite enthusiastic applicants who are interested in furthering their expertise in pediatric emergency ultrasound and developing the skills to develop or lead an Emergency Ultrasound program. In addition to scheduled Emergency Department shifts, fellow responsibilities will include proctored and individual hands-on scanning, weekly image and literature review sessions, participation in research, and teaching of medical students, pediatric and emergency medicine residents, and pediatric emergency medicine fellows.  Additional opportunities for collaboration and teaching exist across the Harvard affiliated teaching hospitals (Massachusetts General, Brigham and Women's, Beth Israel) as well as at Harvard Medical School.

Interested candidates should be board-certified or board-eligible in Pediatric Emergency Medicine and have completed a three year PEM fellowship.  Applicants should be comfortable working in a pediatric, tertiary care, teaching hospital.  Highly competitive shift structure and salary offered.

Interested applicants should send a letter of interest, CV, and three letters of recommendation to:

Jason Levy

Director of Emergency Ultrasound

Division of Emergency Medicine, BCH 3066

Boston Children's Hospital

300 Longwood Ave

Boston, MA 02115

The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is: