within the last several weeks we've being seeing a good influx of these "first time wheezers." Many of them are so bad, requiring IV magnesium, steroids and admission. The established asthmatics are also presenting with severe exacerbations and our PICU admissions have gone up significantly. lately, I've been swabbing them for viral pcr, and interestingly most of them are + for rhinovirus. Anyone else seeing this uber virulent strain around the country?

The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is:
                 http://listserv.brown.edu/ped-em-l.html