I think most people heard the word first on Top Gear as "day-see-er". Top Gear is also responsible for the now largely accepted term "flappy paddle gearbox" so they do have the power to affect language usage :) Taken out of the context of it being specifically a Romanian car company, who's to know that Romanian does "the italian thing" with slender vowels. c+slender vowel is usually /s/, so it's a perfectly understandable misunderstanding :)