Leo, I think you are on the wrong track this time. In my opinion "cool"
is a generic concept and it doesn't refer to any particular culture or
subculture. See definitions in
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/cool#Adjective

"7. (informal) In fashion, part of or fitting the in crowd; originally
hipster slang."

Note the reference to the "in crowd". Who are the "in crowd"? Naturally
there are lots of them, there's a different "in crowd" for every
subculture. Therefore the definition of "cool" is highly variable.
Cultural revolution militants, Soviet pioneer groups, Islamic youth
organizations and Esperantists, all of them have an "in crowd", so all
of them have a distinct definition of "cool".

So "mojosa" doesn't point to the American culture. It's a
context-specific word.

"Esperantujo estas mojosega loko, plena je mojosegaj samideanoj"

In cxi tia kunteksto "mojoseco" estas junula *esperanta* afero.

--Risto