I am adding the word “margarine” to the Asirka lexicon. Asirka is a language
isolate in eastern Europe.  I remember my grandmother always called
margarine “oleo” which of course comes from “oleomargarine”. Using Google
translate, I have checked every European language available and with the
exception of Icelandic (smjörlíki) all languages use “margarine”. With that
understanding, one could reasonably expect Asirka to use a form of
“margarine” as well. I can’t in good conscience use the word “oleo” as much
as I would like to. Can anyone help me establish a resonable case that the
word could be “oleo” rather than “margarine”?

Thank you in advance,

SCotto