Although not a revived language an interesting counterexample is the
current efforts to make Romani a written language. There is wide agreement
not to seek a single standard but to treat the 'tribal' and 'national'
dialect diversity as a closely related language family, which in any case
is closer to reality. The only exception to this seems to be that some
advocate an ASCII clean orthography in order to make international/online
communication easier, so that you can use any Latin-alphabet keyboard. E.g.
_sh_ is used by some in preference to _š, sz, sj_ etc. even in countries
where /ʃ/ is written differently in the national language. Predictably
there is controversy over how to distinguishing /tʃ/ and /tʃʰ/; apparently
the to me obvious _c_ vs. _ch_ ain't so to everyone!