Leo responds:
I don't like to disagree with Ray, I seldom find anything he says about conlanging other than very wise.

However, Ray said (of the idea that Modern Ivrit is a conlang)
> But IMO this use of "conlang" is controversial, not helpful
> and is surely not what Dustinger had in mind.

I agree it is "controversial," and not "what Dustinger had in mind." But we must at times enter controversial areas in our fiction. Even Harry Potter outraged some who felt it favored witches. All magic is surely controversial.

Moreover, I do think looking at such things as Sanskrit, Ivrit, or Cornish can be "helpful" in some ways.

I wonder if there have been any constructed worlds in which "dead" languages were revived.

Regards to all,   LEO