So the crowd-funded space simulation game "Star Citizen"
recently reached their $50 million stretch goal, for which
they had promised to add 3 professionally made conlangs for
their 3 major alien cultures to the game world.  I was
looking forward to seeing their job add on our jobs board.

Unfortunately, I've heard through the grapevine that the
responsibles at SC already have one or more specific
conlangers in mind and might already be close to signing
contracts.  :(  A pity!

Does anyone happen to know more?  I don't assume anyone on
this list is involved?  I guess you wouldn't be allowed to
speak up if you had signed an NDA, but SC strikes me as a
pretty transparent and non-secret affair...

In any case, the fact that three conlangs are being
commissioned for a game is a good sign.  Let's hope it
gives our cause a bit more publicity and incites other
producers to do likewise!

Cheers,

--
Christian Thalmann
Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (ETH Zürich)

Phone: +41 (0)44 633 71 79