Krista, it seems to me that you have my dream job. I hope you enjoy it.

If I encounter a book for sale and can't identify the language, that very
fact makes it desirable. It doesn't happen very often. The last it did, the
book, which I thought was Persian, turned out to be Dari, according to the
Russian colophon. I was close.
I used to have lists of short words to help me distinguish i.a. the Indian
languages in Devanagari (Hindi, Sanskrit, Marathi, et al.). I've probably
lost that list.

stevo