21.9.2014 5:42, Logan Streondj wrote:
> i dono, I'm still in the ASCII only camp.

It's OK. In my opinion it's interesting that diacritics are supported by
*human* reasons but opposed by *technological* reasons.

> until someone tells me how to write those cap letters,
> with either an alt sequences or some other way, where I don't have to
> learn a new keyboard layout, or install more software,
> I doubt I could be convinced.

So what's the system that you are using?

It's sort of funny that a programming wizard like you is so helpless
when he has to change his keyboard layout driver. I get the feeling that
you don't want to know... :D

About ten years ago I created my own Dvorak-inspired keyboard layout and
implemented it in Windows and Linux. I gave up later because those days
I still used many public computers at the university and I became very
clumsy with QWERTY (that damn poor keyboard layout which is the standard
almost everywhere). Anyway, changing the entire keyboard layout is much
more than adding a couple of diacritical dead keys to QWERTY, which is
all you need to do to type Esperanto etc.

> Anyways, just like how standards are best conformed to,
> to make something more portable. it is best to conform to ASCII,
> the original standard for writing on a computer.

It's easiest. I also agree with Steve: since I don't absolutely need
diacritics in Pandunia, it's better that I don't use them, no matter how
(subjectively) ugly <x> looks like.

--Risto