Am Sep 17, 2014 um 00:18 schrieb And Rosta <[log in to unmask]>:

> Unlike ordinary relays, this looks like each stage would take a while to mull over. It's not something can be done mechanically.
>
> --And.

I don't think that translation is something you can do mechanically either. It is a process with many aesthetic considerations. As an example: I recently wondered how to translate the following sentence into rejistanian: If you don't win against the team at the bottom of the league table, you will soon become it. Sure, I could probably translate it word for word, but it would not fit the language at all. The rejistanian concept of relegation and promotion is a bit weird given the fact that rejistanis euphemize these terms. As such, calling it the boottom team would not make as much sense as calling it the last team as the league table is described more in terms of follow and preceed than in up and down. But actually, this is soccer crazy Rejistania, they MUST have a term for the last place of the league (German, Spanish, Portuguese, even Korean have one), so, and in addition with previous considerations, the term for the last team in a league is taken from the end of a ship (similar to the rote Laterne in German). Next the question whether the impersonal forms would be better (German would rather use it, at least in my aesthetic interpretation of the language), which it wouldn't. Then, rejistanian has several hypothetical moods (but this as generic statement can work in the indicative, putting it hypothetically would make it just too tentative). In the end, it took me hours to get the translation just right, soome time just trying to get into right rejistanian state of mind.