From: International Auxiliary Languages [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
On Behalf Of Paul Bartlett
Sent: Friday, September 26, 2014 10:14 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Worldlang and other auxlang types

On 2014-09-25 10:06 PM, Leo Moser wrote:

> Dr. Max Talmey was a very interesting man. He followed Esperanto,
> (later reported on its defects), then Ido -- which he tended to call
> 'the International Language' or "the IL," or ILO.
>
>   But Talmey felt that 'the IL' could be reformed, made a more
> significant intellectual instrument.  I have seen some of his Arulo
> work, etc., and glowing stories about it, but I see little to warrant any
great enthusiasm.

> I'd welcome any impression you may have of his projects, since I have
> not seen his work in any full format.
> [trim]

As I mentioned, the Library of Congress catalog lists four works by him
apparently bearing directly on IALs (two on Arulo). The dates are not
unequivocally such to put them in the public domain, but perhaps something
could be done under the Doctrine of Fair Use (in the US copyright law).
Maybe I can get down there one day next week and take a look. :) (Depending
on size I might be able to make photocopies or "rough" (but usable) PDF
color scans (if the free scanners are working correctly).

--
Paul Bartlett