My answer is below, but first two links regarding the content I have on
the web regarding ebola.  Thanks as well for asking this question as we
all need to learn as much as we can about ebola as well as where to find
information about this disease and epidemic.

Public Health Guide: The Ebola Virus

http://guides.temple.edu/ebola

Content on the Web Regarding Ebola

http://tinyurl.com/p5mpmsr

Ebola Diagnosis

There are quite a few government sites with information about the
diagnosis of ebola:

ebola AND (symptoms OR detection OR diagnosis) AND site: gov

https://www.google.com/webhp?hl=en&gws_rd=ssl#hl=en&q=ebola+AND+
%28symptoms+OR+detection+OR+diagnosis%29+AND+site%3A+gov

OR

http://tinyurl.com/og446kg

.

.

The ebola crisis is new, but ebola, I have read, has been around for 40
years, so Google Books should also have valid information about this.

https://www.google.com/search?tbm=bks&hl=
en&q=ebola+AND+%28symptoms+OR+detection+OR+diagnosis%29&gws_rd=ssl

OR

http://tinyurl.com/l9jovtl

Please bear in mind that Google Books sources with either a preview or
full view may often look off topic but have on topic buried inside that is
found by clicking the link or by going to "About this Book" and using the
search box for the content of the book and in this case searching

ebola AND (symptoms OR detection OR diagnosis)

If one wants to pursue research articles and more on this topic, the links
below should help find sources and source citations:

https://www.google.com/search?tbm=bks&hl=en&q=ebola+AND+%28symptoms+OR+
detection+OR+diagnosis%29&gws_rd=ssl#hl=en&q=ebola+AND+%28symptoms+OR+
detection+OR+diagnosis%29+AND+site%3A+gov%2Fpubmed

OR

http://tinyurl.com/qcgo99q

Which leads to this pertinent 2004 publication

Rapid diagnosis of Ebola hemorrhagic fever by reverse ...
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/p...
National Center for Biotechnology Information
by JS Towner - ?2004 - ?Cited by 135 - ?Related articles
The largest outbreak on record of Ebola hemorrhagic fever (EHF) occurred
in Uganda from August ... After the initial diagnosis of Sudan ebolavirus
by the National Institute for Virology in ... PMID: 15047846; [PubMed -
indexed for MEDLINE] ...

J Virol. 2004 Apr;78(8):4330-41.
Rapid diagnosis of Ebola hemorrhagic fever by reverse transcription-PCR in
an outbreak setting and assessment of patient viral load as a predictor of
outcome.
Towner JS1, Rollin PE, Bausch DG, Sanchez A, Crary SM, Vincent M, Lee WF,
Spiropoulou CF, Ksiazek TG, Lukwiya M, Kaducu F, Downing R, Nichol ST.
Author information
Abstract

The largest outbreak on record of Ebola hemorrhagic fever (EHF) occurred
in Uganda from August 2000 to January 2001. The outbreak was centered in
the Gulu district of northern Uganda, with secondary transmission to other
districts. After the initial diagnosis of Sudan ebolavirus by the National
Institute for Virology in Johannesburg, South Africa, a temporary
diagnostic laboratory was established within the Gulu district at St.
Mary's Lacor Hospital. The laboratory used antigen capture and reverse
transcription-PCR (RT-PCR) to diagnose Sudan ebolavirus infection in
suspect patients. The RT-PCR and antigen-capture diagnostic assays proved
very effective for detecting ebolavirus in patient serum, plasma, and
whole blood. In samples collected very early in the course of infection,
the RT-PCR assay could detect ebolavirus 24 to 48 h prior to detection by
antigen capture. More than 1,000 blood samples were collected, with
multiple samples obtained from many patients throughout the course of
infection. Real-time quantitative RT-PCR was used to determine the viral
load in multiple samples from patients with fatal and nonfatal cases, and
these data were correlated with the disease outcome. RNA copy levels in
patients who died averaged 2 log(10) higher than those in patients who
survived. Using clinical material from multiple EHF patients, we sequenced
the variable region of the glycoprotein. This Sudan ebolavirus strain was
not derived from either the earlier Boniface (1976) or Maleo (1979)
strain, but it shares a common ancestor with both. Furthermore, both
sequence and epidemiologic data are consistent with the outbreak having
originated from a single introduction into the human population.

PMID:
     15047846
     [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
PMCID:
     PMC374287

Free PMC Article

Google Scholar

http://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl=en&q=ebola+AND+%28symptoms+
OR+detection+OR+diagnosis%29&btnG=&as_sdt=1%2C39&as_sdtp=

OR

http://tinyurl.com/ordacqa

Temple Summon Search

http://temple.summon.serialssolutions.com/search?s.q=ebola+AND+
%28symptoms+OR+detection+OR+diagnosis%29#!/search?ho=f&q=ebola%
20AND%20%28symptoms%20OR%20detection%20OR%20diagnosis%29&l=en

OR

http://tinyurl.com/ot9leqv

.

.