... prepare to die.

In face of the recent AAP Guideline on the management of bronchiolitis, I
am recruiting other Peds ED centers who will be endorsing this set of
practices to serve as the treatment group in my non-randomized
observational study. Our center will serve as the 'out-of-control' group
and we will be initiating a new clinical pathway entitled... 'Empiric
therapy for the treatment of undifferentiated respiratory distress in
infants.'

It is my hypothesis that our group's admission and bounce-back rates will
be the same as last year.

I anxiously await the data from the centers who adopt the AAP approach!

Jay Fisher MD
Medical Director, Peds EM, Children's Hospital of NV
Physician Consultant, Dread Pirate Roberts

The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is:
                 http://listserv.brown.edu/ped-em-l.html