Hello everybody:

I am checking in to see if anyone has a hospital-based policy or a requirement on how long asthmatic patients need to be observed in the Emergency Department prior to admission (Peds floor or PICU).

I know that this topic varies from hospital to hospital, but Im just curious if anyone out there has something formal, to dictate when the ED patient can go up after the level of severity has been determined.

Id appreciate any feedback.

Thanks,

John Howard, DO
Emergikids
Alexian Brothers Health System

** CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail and its attachments may contain confidential, proprietary, and/or privileged information which is legally protected from disclosure. Any review, retransmission, dissemination, or other use of this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited. If you received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and appropriately delete the material from your computer. Thank you.

The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is:
                 http://listserv.brown.edu/ped-em-l.html