From: Pediatric Emergency Medicine Discussion List [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of Marc Auerbach [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, October 10, 2014 4:47 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: AAP President Vote

PEM colleagues-

I hope that those of you at AAP are enjoying the meeting.  If you are a member of the AAP please consider supporting Dr. Benard Dreyer in his bid for president as someone who is a champion for children (esp the underserved).  He is very supportive of our work in PEM and was one of the first pediatricians to work in the ED in NYC.

Voting starts on TODAY and continues through November 10th at https://www.directvote.net/aap/login.aspx

His three priorities for the AAP are:

 1.  Supporting pediatricians in practice
 2.  Engaging young physicians in the AAP
 3.  Championing the AAP Agenda for Children, especially Poverty and Child Health

This is a critical time for children, for pediatricians and for the AAP.  Leadership counts and who the President of the AAP is will really make a difference.  Here is a website which describes Bernard's career as a leader in pediatrics and child health, his positions on important issues (including childhood poverty and immigrant child health), and his family:  http://pediatrics.med.nyu.edu/developmental/benard-dreyer-md

Thank you for considering supporting Benard in this election.

Kind regards-
marc

Marc Auerbach, MD MSCI
Assistant Professor, Yale University School of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, Section of Emergency Medicine
Associate Director Pediatric Simulation
Associate Pediatric Trauma Medical Director
Co-chair APA SBME Special Interest Group
203-737-7437 (o), 917-693-0020 (c)
The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is:
                 http://listserv.brown.edu/ped-em-l.html