Pediatric Emergency Medicine Chief of Service for NYU Langone Medical Center

The division of Pediatric Emergency Medicine in the Department of Emergency Medicine at NYU Langone Medical Center/Bellevue Hospital Center is seeking a chief of service for Pediatric Emergency Medicine at Tisch Hospital. Board certification in pediatric emergency medicine and administrative experience are required.  The successful candidate would provide leadership (including operations and program development) for our new Pediatric Emergency Care Center. The Pediatric Emergency Care Center is completely new facility that is located within the newly renovated Ronald O. Perelman Center for Emergency Services. It opened in April 2014 and includes dedicated pediatric triage, waiting area and treatment rooms. Our volume has increased steadily since the facility opened and the acuity remains high. This is an exciting period of growth for children's services at NYU Langone Medical Center that will culminate in the opening of the Hassenfeld Children's Hospital, anticipated in 2017.

Within the Department of Emergency Medicine, the PEM chief of service will be part of a dynamic, innovative multidisciplinary team. The chief will also be a key member of the leadership group in the Department of Pediatrics which includes a comprehensive group of medical and surgical pediatric subspecialty services and senior administrative support within the hospital.

The position includes protected administrative time and clinical work in the Pediatric Emergency Care Center and in the pediatric emergency department at Bellevue Hospital Center.

We have a strong academic division. We have a mature pediatric emergency medicine fellowship program. Our interests include curriculum development in evidence-based practice, ultrasound, simulation and process improvement. We are actively involved in clinical research in areas such as trauma, injury prevention, collaborative practice and health literacy.

Please send CV and Cover Letter to:
Susan B. Torrey, MD
Director of Pediatric Emergency Medicine

In care of:
Marisa Torch
462 First Ave, OBV A345
New York, NY 10016

Susan B.  Torrey, MD
Associate Professor of Emergency Medicine and Pediatrics (Clinical)
NYU School of Medicine
Director, Division of Pediatric Emergency Medicine
Department of Emergency Medicine
NYU Langone Medical Center/Bellevue Hospital Center
462 First Avenue, Suite A-345
New York, New York 10016
Tel 212.562.6561, fax 212.562.3001

The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is: